DARK SOULS II : First Impressions
- big wide open areas, I’ve beaten a “regular” boss before I went back and played through the “tutorial caves”
- enemies can be quite aggressive and they don’t jump down to their death as they did before. actually I was counting on it and had to deal with two huge dudes on a tiny little platform. ugh.
- starter class is very important in this game. in the previous games I’ve chosen the class by either, well, its class or what armor they were wearing. this time I went with a class that has a weapon I’m most comfortable with and the right stats for the beginning (swordsman going to go with sorcery, once I know how to get them) - items are scarce at the beginning and merchants sell you basically crap for lots of souls.
- I’ve been killed by little farm pigs… :/
- of all the enemies I’ve encountered so far, I’d say the worst is still the camera.
let me tell you something about this game: when it was announced and the first interviews were rolling in, people complained it’s going to be casual. lot’s of hand holding for the new generation of gamers! yeah, I’ve spend 3 hours to find that hand to hold. nothing! I actually missed the spot where you can level up!
ok, I’m done eating and typing this, gonna go back to playing the game! :D